ProSea provides Courses on marine environmental awareness.
As part of the maritime industry, maritime service providers are transitioning to become more sustainable. Maritime service providers are also increasingly involved in relatively new activities on the ocean. Consider, for example, the construction of large windmill parks. As a result, jobs have changed, or even new jobs are created. To play a role in the sustainable development of maritime service providers, maritime professionals require new skills and knowledge and therefor training in marine environmental awareness.
Our training programs focus on the human element and forms a concrete basis for marine awareness that is needed to take your personal responsibility in the transition towards a sustainable maritime sector. The content of the courses is more or less similar as for shipping, but there are also topics specifically related to maritime service providers such as:
- Electromagnetic fields;
- Sensitive species (birds, bats, marine mammals);
- Reputation (social acceptance);
- Solutions for maritime services, responsibilities and personal involvement.
ProSea Marine Environmental Awareness Courses
ProSea provides three types of courses:
- IMO model course Marine Environmental Awareness (MC 1.38). Since January 2017 this course is a mandatory part of the curriculum of maritime academies worldwide.
- Tailor-made Marine Environmental Awareness Course that is developed on the needs of the client and specified to the activities of the students or personnel.
- Train the trainer program, in which trainers or teachers learn how to teach marine environmental awareness courses following the ProSea educational approach.
We provide these courses since 2013 to maritime service providers in the Netherlands, for instance to Royal Boskalis and Heerema Group, and internationally, for instance to Saipem in South Africa.